Knomad Pty Ltd ("Knomad", "the Company", "we", "our" and "us") is committed to safeguarding the information you provide through your access and use of Knomad. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act") and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) to the extent they apply to us.
In this Policy we set out how we store, manage, disclose and use your information which includes personal information, sensitive health information and any other information provided by you through your access and use of Knomad.
We reserve the right to modify our Policy at any point in time in accordance with this provision. Modifications to this Policy take immediate effect upon being uploaded onto www.knomad.ai. As a user, your continued use of Knomad following such an upload would be constituted as your acceptance of any changes to the Policy. If you disagree with the revised Policy, you are open to terminate your account and agreement with Knomad through emailing us at with a request to permanently deactivate and delete your account.
What you are agreeing to
By signing up as a user to Knomad you confirm that you have read and agree to the terms of this Policy and consent to your personal information (including your sensitive information) being collected, stored, used and disclosed in accordance with this Policy. To understand our practices regarding how we manage your personal information, please read through this Policy.
Information to be provided by you and what we will collect
Generally speaking, Knomad will ask you for only essential information that will help us match you to highly relevant people in the Knomad community. Through this process, you might be required to provide us with both personal and sensitive information, which we will store, manage, analyse, update and delete depending on how you interact with Knomad.
By signing up through our website www.knomad.ai, you consent to us collecting your information. We will only store, use, analyse and disclose this information for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted by the Privacy Act.
Depending on the mode of interaction, we may ask for and collect the following types of personal or sensitive information (non-exhaustive)
- First name;
- Last name;
- Country of residence and state of residence;
- Your preference for a local or global match;
- Your past, current, and future pursuits/interests
- Your introduction to others
- Any other information that is deemed necessary for us to match and introduce you to relevant people in the Knomad community;
Knomad may also record and store communication and other information derived through or directly as a result of your interactions with us or other Users on the Knomad. This includes communications as a result of your interaction with us as part of the matching process, or for any other reason that supports our core purpose of helping you get matched to relevant people in the community.
Knomad will also automatically collect certain information from you such as (not limited to),
Your usage and interactions: How you interact with the our website, social media pages or other Knomad related content published by us on the internet.
Log data and device information: Examples of information include, but are not limited to, things such as your IP address, access time and date, device information, unique identifiers, crash data, hardware and software information. This information helps us run Knomad’s services more efficiently, analyse trends and provide you with a tailored experience.
Cookies: This is anonymous information about how you use Knomad (e.g. what you click on, how you navigate through our website, where you go after visiting Knomad) that we obtain through tracking your computer, not you. You can configure your web browser to restrict or disable cookies, however, this may cause some parts of Knomad not to have full functionality.
Advertising: Should you click on a Knomad advertisement online (e.g. an ad on Facebook) as a registered or unregistered user, the third party service hosting that advertisement will collect certain information and will provide that information to us to allow us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
From other Users: We may collect information about you through other Users on Knomad using various mediums of interaction (e.g. a User that you matched to and met virtually or physically providing us with feedback on the meeting over email)
How it is held, stored, shared and disclosed
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Knomad may hold and store your personal information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by infrastructure and storage service providers, including those that are located overseas, such as in the United States.
Your anonymised data (e.g. information with your name removed) may be accessible to people involved with the operations of Knomad and our related bodies corporate (e.g. sales, marketing, developers, designers, researchers, HR) or other third party service providers (e.g. technical service providers, hosting providers, IT companies, communication agencies, consultants, payment processors, data analytics providers, marketers, auditors), if it is deemed necessary for a specific purpose.
Time to time, we may have other third parties to whom we disclose your information to for a specific purpose, including, but not limited to:
- Accountants, lawyers, bankers, professional service firms;
- Contractors who may provide us with goods and services;
- Potential third party acquirees and their advisors (e.g. an organisation or entity wanting to explore a potential acquisition of shares or assets in Knomad);
- Any other third parties in accordance with and as permitted by the law.
Relevant user matching
Other Users on the platform may be able to search for, access and view your User profile if they are deemed as a relevant match to the information you provide. The information that they will be able to view will include items such as your first and last name, your profile photo, derived location (city and not postcode), your objectives and your interests.
We generally expect people to act with good faith and intent when matched. Knomad’s core purpose is to make the first introduction on the basis of shared characteristics, after which people decide to interact via email or other platforms for an unspecified period of time, or not proceed with an interaction. In doing so, Knomad may or may not provide you with relevant people to meet, a process which we will monitor by asking you to provide feedback via email on the quality of the match. Monitoring the nature and quality of interactions between Users after the introduction falls outside our core purpose (which is to make an introduction to a relevant person) and therefore, we take no responsibility for any loss or damage arising out of the interactions made between Users.
How your information is used
Of the information you provide us and consent to us using, Knomad may use this information for a range of activities, which all directly relate to the core purpose of matching you to relevant people in the community. These activities include, but are not limited to (non-exhaustive):
- To verify and authenticate your identity and information;
- To analyse your information through proprietary and third party methods and tools, so as to provide you with personalised recommendations of people to meet;
- To develop, test and prototype new features, products, ads, goods, services, marketing, and any other content that directly relates to our core purpose;
- To improve our goods and services;
- To tailor promotional messages, advertising and other content for you or other prospective users to consume through a variety of online platforms;;
- To undertake demographic profiling;
- To enable you to use Knomad's functionality to connect, interact and communicate with other Users;
- To undertake geospatial analysis and targeted research;
- To maintain up-to-date records about you and information related to you;
- To help get you matched to other Users on the platform;
- To operate, improve and optimise related services, such as by performing analytics and conducting research;
- To contact you through the phone, email, or other platforms and send you support messages, updates and account notifications.
Your right to your information
Should you want to undertake any of the following actions
- Request a copy of all the information you have provided us;
- Update or amend the information you have provided us;
- Unsubscribe from any form of communications
- Lodge a complaint
- Delete your User account
Please contact us on email@example.com clearly outlining your request and we will endeavour to reply back with steps on how we will action your request within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Following deletion of your account, Knomad may retain your information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archive or audit purposes.
Feedback and contact
If you have any questions about any matter contained within this Policy or our Terms, please contact us at .